Branding is what helps distinguish your company, products, and services from your competitors. It’s a way to create a connection between your company and your consumers in a visual, emotional, and cultural way.
If you think branding doesn't really matter that much (you've got a great logo, right?), consider that when choosing between two similar products at similar price points, consumers will probably select the brand they recognize.
Some other points to think about:
- A familiar brand name can shorten a consumer’s decision time, and they’re often willing to pay more for a brand they know.
- A familiar brand name increases the consumer’s level of satisfaction and helps create loyalty.
- Not only will a loyal customer return to purchase from you again, but referrals to family and friends can be an important marketing benefit.
Your brand isn't just your logo—it's everything about your brand experience combined, and it has a tremendous impact on how your customers think of you (or don't!).
5 Ways an Effective Branding Strategy Can Increase the Value of What You're Selling:
- Trust. Brand trust leads to brand loyalty. Consumers may make a special effort to find your brand, they may be willing to pay more for it, and your brand can benefit from word-of-mouth marketing when a loyal customer recommends your brand to family and friends.
- Perception. What people are thinking and saying about your brand is your brand, no matter what your messaging is. By associating your brand with a positive consumer experience, the perception of your brand can increase the value of your products and services. You must deliver on promises made in your messaging for a positive perception.
- Value. When a consumer associates your brand with a positive experience, they are likely to buy from you again. By creating a brand that stands out in the minds of consumers, your products have a higher perceived value than those of your competitors.
- Awareness. When a consumer is in need of a product or service, they will typically contact the company with which they are most familiar.
- Credibility. Through powerful branding, you can position your company as a leader in the industry, increasing the consumer’s confidence and comfort level.
5 Ways to Effectively Brand Your Business
Creating a strong brand for your company can be an effective way to increase the value of your products or services and set your company apart from the competition. But how do you get there?
Our upcoming webinar is focused specifically on delivering actionable steps businesses can take to build their brand or improve their existing branding efforts. Here's a sneak peek at the first three steps:
- Develop a Professional Look AND Feel—because your logo and design aren't everything, but they do contribute to your brand experience.
- Build (or Refresh) Your Website—it's the best way to reach and be found by your customers and prospects, and it should be fresh and helpful.
- Get Active on Social Media—to boost traffic to your website, showcase your brand personality, and show up where your customers are engaging with brands they like.
Learn more at the webinar. Click below to register! We hope to see you there.